Skip to main content

Applications Due August 31 for FARMER Grants to Upgrade Agricultural Equipment

Funds to replace old agricultural equipment and vehicles are available starting August 1, for 15 of California’s air districts. Replacement with cleaner equipment helps reduce emissions of harmful diesel exhaust and greenhouse gases and improves local air quality. Applications for the Shared Allocation Pool will be accepted August 1 – August 31. For the Application and Shared Allocation Reporting Tool, go to: To be eligible, vehicles and equipment must be engaged in agricultural operations. Eligible project categories include: • On-road heavy-duty truck replacements • Off-road equipment replacements (such as tractors and swathers) • Stationary and portable engine repowers (such as agricultural pumps) • Utility Terrain Vehicles (UTV) and small tractor replacements (eligible for replacement with an electric UTV) • Infrastructure engaged in or supporting agricultural operations FARMER funding is administered by California’s regional air districts, and farmers can apply by submitting an application to their local air district: For more information on CARB and the FARMER program: For more information contact Scott Wilson, Program Manager with the El Dorado County Air Quality management District at (530) 621-7554 or and 916-282-6273.