Skip to main content

USDA Crop Protection and Recovery

Agriculture is a risky business. USDA is here to help you prepare for and recover from the impacts of natural disasters and market volatility. USDA provides a suite of disaster assistance programs to help offset losses as well as crop insurance and other coverage options to help manage risk and provide a safety net. USDA’s Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service and Risk Management Agency offer a number of options. You can secure crop insurance through an Approved Insurance Provider. For the other programs, you should contact your local USDA Service Center for information on how you can sign up or receive assistance.

The Natural Resources Conservation (NRCS) office is the USDA El Dorado County service center located in Placerville.  They are located at 100 Forni Road, Suite A in Placerville. Brook Fuller is the contact: , 530-295-0120.